Header Ads


The Week in Quotes

"I’m really hoping that we start seeing something like NHS Panini stickers. That’d be awesome – they deserve to be celebrated."
England goalkeeper Karen Bardsley comes up with a great suggestion to celebrate NHS workers in an interview with The Guardian

"Fortunately I haven’t had to hand out any yellow or red cards in my pharmacy just yet."
Referee Riem Hussein on her full-time job as a pharmacist, speaking in the first of our 'Women in Football' series

"When I was a kid, I looked up to Michael Owen. I’ve always said it. I liked him because he’s small. He had the number 10 just like in my club and he played as a forward. So I told myself if a small player like him is doing well in the Premier league then I could make it too. Imagine that I was only a kid. I was nine-ten years old."
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero tells Thierry Henry who his footballing idol was on Instagram Live


"Everyone was talking about my injury. When I arrived in training with this hairstyle, it stopped. So I had my peace of mind and could focus on rehab. I was not really proud of my strange haircut, but it was a good way to change the subject."
Ronaldo speaks with kicker about his famous hairstyle at the 2002 World Cup

"A mistake on the pitch maybe leads to a goal. A mistake in my new team, it's going to be lives. I know I've got to be the best version of me every single day to help keep Merseyside safe, and that excites me."
Former England youth international Paige Williams speaks with BBC Sport about starting her career with Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service

"As a person, he's a great guy, and as a player even better because he holds himself to the highest of standards and he holds his team-mates to those standards. His public persona is very different to the way he is behind closed doors."
AC Milan goalkeeper Asmir Begovic on Zlatan Ibrahimovic in an interview with Sky Sports


No comments

Powered by Blogger.